Charitable Remainder Unitrust
New York University is happy to serve as trustee of your charitable remainder unitrust or charitable remainder annuity trust. Please contact us if you are interested in having New York University serving as trustee of your CRT.
NYU Langone Health Guidelines for Charitable Remainder Trusts Where NYU Is Trustee
- The minimum gift amount is $100,000.
- We only accept gifts of cash and appreciated securities to fund a CRT.
- NYU must be the sole beneficiary of any CRT.
How It Works
- Create trust agreement stating terms of the trust; transfer cash or other property to trustee
- Trustee invests and manages trust assets and makes payments to income beneficiaries you designate
- Remainder to NYU Langone for purposes you specify
- Payments to one or more beneficiaries, varying annually with the value of the trust
- Federal income-tax deduction for the charitable remainder value of your interest
- No capital-gain tax when trust is established; property is sold by the trust
- Trust remainder will provide generous support for NYU Langone
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. This information does not constitute legal or tax advice. We urge you to consult with your personal tax, financial, and legal advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to NYU Langone Health. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support NYU Langone Health.