Gifts by Will and Living Trusts
- You may change your bequest or trust designation at any time
- You control the funding property during your lifetime
- Your bequest or trust designation will not be subject to any potential federal estate tax
- You provide future support for NYU Langone
How It Works
- You include a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust
- At your death NYU Langone receives the bequest you specified
Through various types of bequests to NYU Langone, you may secure a charitable estate-tax deduction for the value of the gift. Best of all, you will know that your generosity will support our mission for years to come.
You may prefer to state in your will or trust a sum of money or a percentage of your estate that you wish to give to NYU Langone.
Whatever form of bequest you choose, it is not subject to federal estate taxes and so significantly reduces the tax burden of an estate. The value of the bequest may be deducted when the taxable estate is determined, and there is no limit to the deduction.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. This information does not constitute legal or tax advice. We urge you to consult with your personal tax, financial, and legal advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to NYU Langone Health. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support NYU Langone Health.