Charitable Gift Annuity—Immediate Payment
NYU Langone Medical Center Guidelines for Charitable Gift Annuities
- The minimum gift amount is $10,000.
- The maximum gift amount is $250,000.
- The minimum age of a life-income beneficiary for a single-life CGA is 70.
- For a two-life gift annuity the minimum age of the younger life-income beneficiary is 65.
- For a deferred-payment charitable gift annuity the minimum age of any life-income beneficiary is 65 at the date of contribution and 70 at the date of the first deferred payment.
How It Works
- Transfer cash or other property to NYU Langone
- NYU Langone agrees to make payments for the life of one and up to two annuitants (payments are backed by our entire assets)
- The balance of the transfer inures to NYU Langone
- Payments for life that are favorably taxed
- When gift is funded with cash, part of payment will be tax-free
- When gift is funded with appreciated property, part will be taxed as capital gain, part will be tax-free, and part will be taxed as ordinary income
- Federal income-tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- Gift will provide generous support for NYU Langone
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. This information does not constitute legal or tax advice. We urge you to consult with your personal tax, financial, and legal advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to NYU Langone. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support NYU Langone.