“IRA Rollover” Gifts for Donors Aged 70½ or Older
How It Works
- You are 70½ or older and instruct your plan administrator to make a direct transfer of up to $100,000 to NYU Langone
- Plan administrator makes transfer as directed to NYU Langone
- Your gift is transferred directly to NYU Langone; since you do not receive the funds, they are not included in your gross income*
- Your gift will count towards your minimum distribution requirement
- You support the programs that are important to you at NYU Langone
*No income-tax deduction is allowed for the transfer.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. This information does not constitute legal or tax advice. We urge you to consult with your personal tax, financial, and legal advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to NYU Langone. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support NYU Langone.