Grantor Lead Trust
How It Works
- Create trust agreement stating terms of the trust (usually for a term of years), transfer cash or other property to trustee, and receive an income-tax deduction
- Trustee invests and manages trust assets and makes annual payments to NYU Langone
- Remainder transferred back to you
- Annual gift to NYU Langone
- Property returned to donor at end of trust term
- Professional management of assets during term of trust
- Charitable income-tax deduction, but you are taxed on trust's annual income
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided is general in nature and may not apply to all individuals. This information does not constitute legal or tax advice. We urge you to consult with your personal tax, financial, and legal advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to NYU Langone Health. We would be pleased to discuss, in confidence, ways in which you may support NYU Langone Health.